Digital Transformation | A Business Necessity
Internet has been most innovational technology ever created. Internet of people has changed the world and now the new internet is evolving, and it is prepared to change the world again. The new internet is not about linking people, its about linking things and so it is name as Internet of Things.
So, if we take things and we add some of the ability to sense, communicate, touch and control and we get a chance for things to interact with other things. Human beings communicate, with other people and our environment with our five senses. In the same way if a device can communicate with other devices and human beings that is where internet of people and internet of things traverse.
The internet of things (IoT) is a perception that describes the idea of everyday digital physical objects being connected to the internet and being able to recognize themselves to other devices.
Scope of IoT:
- Consumer Good and Retail: IoT is changing how consumers are shopping, the interconnection of devices like cameras, automatic billers and motion sensors in supermarkets will collect real time insights for suppliers
- Healthcare and Life sciences: IoT can bring a big revolution in the method of treatment and diagnosis of diseases. Implanting the medical equipment with IoT devices will help to monitor the patients more effectively.
- Automobiles and Manufacturing: IoT connected smart cars have already made their way in the market. Driverless cars and other automobiles are going to be next big thing hitting the roads soon. Already many big companies are pouring money into this IoT connected smart cars and developed them.
- Energy: Energy consumed from different household appliances will adjust automatically to lower the electric bill. Sensors and thermostats will collect data and learn from our daily habits to create ideal settings for our smart home, such as setting up ideal temp. and lightning according to our daily routine and time of the day.
Benefits of IoT:
- Increases Business opportunities: IoT opens the door for new business opportunities and helps companies benefit from new revenue streams. Asset Utilization: IoT will improve tracking of assets (equipment, machinery, tools, etc.) using sensors and connectivity, which helps organizations benefit from real-time insights.
- Efficient process: Relating to a maximum number of devices to the internet, IoT allow businesses to be smarter with real-time operational insights while reducing operating costs.
- Enhanced safety and security: IoT services integrated with sensors and video cameras help monitor workplace to ensure equipment safety and protect against physical threats.